This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
***Post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission off of purchases made through the links***
Tea tree oil comes from Melaleuca alternifoliais, a plant native to Australia. It has a myriad of topical uses (note: it should NEVER be ingested). My favorite characteristic of tea tree oil is that it has antibacterial properties. I use it in my wipe solution for the baby’s cloth wipes.
1. In cloth wipe solution
2. Prevent lice- put a few drops on your scalp
3. Soothe sunburns
4. Use in natural cleaning solutions- helps kill mold and bacteria
5. Use in homemade deodorant
6. Remove ticks
7. Use in homemade body scrubs and washes
8. Treat dry scalp
9. In a steam treatment for sinus congestion
10. In a bath for sore muscles
11. In a reed diffuser for aromatherapy
12. In homemade laundry detergent
13. In homemade dryer sheets or no dryer balls
It is important to use a quality tea tree oil to get the best results. I was sent Tea Tree Oil from Apothecary Extracts to review and was really impressed. The bottle is REALLY large- 4 ounces! It’s pharmaceutical grade so it worked very well. It had the characteristic strong tea tree oil smell and I liked using it in homemade cleaner for my bathroom.
All purpose tea tree oil cleaning solution:
tsp. Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil
cups distilled water
oz. white vinegar
drops of lemon essential oil (optional to get rid of vinegar smell)
all ingredients into spray bottle and give it a good shake. Shake it prior to
each use because the oils will separate from the water.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.