This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Do you ever create something so awesome that you feel like you will never again live up to it? That’s how I feel about this Caprese Board. I love holiday food and parties but they are often heavy on the sweets so I thought this was a super festive way to bring some savory into the fold. My mom always made caprese salad for us growing up so it holds a special place in my heart.
What You Need:
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese log (I buy pre-sliced)
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Large Charcuterie Board
- Italian Seasoning
- Optional: faux poinsettias
- Optional: crostini (I skip this to lower the carb count)
- Slice the mozzarella and tomatoes into thin, circular slices.
- Arrange the slices in a candy cane shape on the board alternating them.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Roll prosciutto into a rose shape and place in ramekin on board.
- Fill the other ramekin with balsamic glaze.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Add poinsettias if desired.
About the Board:
I wanted a longer board for this salad so it would be enough to serve several people. I ended up purchasing this 30 inch Toscana Board on Amazon. It’s huge and perfect for large gatherings. I’ve been really happy with it.
Buy it Here: https://amzn.to/3m7tKMi
If you love charcuterie boards I definitely recommend picking up a copy of Beautiful Boards: 50 Amazing Snack Boards for Any Occasion by Maegan Brown. It makes a beautiful gift paired with a board. I got the inspiration for this board from the book but changed the seasoning to what my mom used to make. I also added prosciutto because I firmly believe everything is better with prosciutto lol.