This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
I feel like there are 2 kinds of moms at Halloween: the ones who spend like $200 on a super fancy costume and the ones throwing it together with odds and ends last minute. I am definitely the later. I spend most of my focus on the kids’ costumes and mine is often an afterthought. With that in mind, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite quick and easy Halloween costumes for moms. What I like about all of these is that you can pull regular clothing from your closet and just add accessories. This makes them more economical and also any clothing pieces you do purchase will work in your wardrobe the rest of the year.
Rosie The Riveter
- Headband and bobby pins: https://amzn.to/3WbV8Jr
- Similar Chambray Shirt: https://bit.ly/3W5dY4V
- Budget Friendly Chambray Shirt from Target: https://bit.ly/3FnsZcr
- Lipstick is MAC brave red: https://bit.ly/3Dd1JuC
This will always be my go-to easy costume. My kids were actually surprised when I said I was doing the Rosie one since I’m ALWAYS a black cat on actual Halloween lol. I usually just wear a black shirt and Spanx faux leather leggings with ears. I usually draw a little nose and whiskers with an eyeliner pencil.
- Ears: https://amzn.to/3fpnYp0
- Tee- you can do any black tee but I thought this was funny: https://amzn.to/3WflGJK
- Spanx leggings (I size up 1 to an XL): https://bit.ly/3Ezkcnn
- Budget friendly faux leather leggings: https://amzn.to/3etyfQA
This was one of my favorite costumes! I spent a ridiculous amount of time on butterfly eye makeup but it’s REALLY not necessary if you want to do easy. The wings are from Amazon and I paired them with a black tee and leggings. I wore them backwards so you could see the colors from the front instead of the back. It’s perfect mom costume because it’s not heavy and can be adapted for the weather.
Close up of eye makeup in case anyone needs ideas. I used makeup I already had on hand with the exception of picking up a white eyeliner for the details: https://amzn.to/3sFyOKD
I wore this one to trunk or treat. I used a white dress I already had so I just had to add a halo. I wore these Sam Edelman shoes for photos but in the interest of full disclosure I changed into white sneakers for actual Trunk or Treat lol. I suppose you could add angel wings to your costume but I didn’t because I don’t like the feel of elastics around my arms.
- Halo: https://amzn.to/3sE8Xmu
- White Dress: https://amzn.to/3W6QQTA
- Shoes: https://amzn.to/3zrlddP
Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany
I had to dig DEEP to find a photo of this costume because it was a few years ago and the only full body one I had was black and white. I already had a black dress and sunglasses so I just added the accessories. Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite actress so this costume has a special place in my heart.
- Tiara: https://amzn.to/3Dccmha
- Accessories set: https://amzn.to/3SPLfy2
- Dress (I sized up): https://amzn.to/3gW2b96
- Shoes: https://amzn.to/3fchnys
This one is nice because everything is stuff I would wear/use on any regular day. This “Def Tired” tee is hilarious and I wore my Risen distressed jeans and my belt bag as a fanny pack. I don’t have a crimper but I used my Bedhead Deep Waver to get 80s big hair lol. We were headed to Trunk or Treat at Church and I wanted to be comfortable and not in costume clothes so this worked out perfectly.
- Tee (TTS, large): https://amzn.to/3SNDgld
- Jeans (TTS 31- size down if between): https://mavely.app.link/e/5vwsoxJXxub
- Lululemon Belt Bag: https://bit.ly/3Ec71bD
- Amazon Belt Bag: https://amzn.to/3Djg6NX
- Bedhead Deep Waver: https://amzn.to/3fjpEjX
- Shoes: https://amzn.to/3FuJLXe