This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Since going gluten free last August to help with my Lupus I have worked tirelessly to find recipes that are easy enough for me to make. This one I developed out of necessity because my husband always wants homemade lasagna on his birthday. I like it because it is not only gluten free but also gets me to eat more veggies. This recipe is for a square baking dish but I have doubled it to make a 9X13 dish as well.
- 2-3 zucchini
- 1 jar pasta sauce (optional: garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning)
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 pound of ricotta
- half a bag of shredded mozzorella
- half a pound of ground Italian sausage (make sure it’s gluten free!)
- Square Baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat sauce on stove top in a sauce pan. Add optional ingredients if desired.
- Brown sausage making sure to cook thoroughly
- Drain sausage and add to sauce
- Cut ends of zucchini
- Use a potato peeler to peel each zucchini’s side so you have rectangles
- Slice zucchini lengthwise to create “noodles”
- Add a thin layer of sauce to bottom of baking dish
- Layer ingredients in this order”
- sauce/sausage mix
- Cover dish with foil and back at 350 for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes more so top cheese is golden and bubbly
Check out these other “cheesy” recipes:http://futureexpat.com/2013/10/required-ingredient-cheese/