***Post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission off of purchases made through the links***
I’m not a food blogger so you won’t find 45 perfectly lit food photos on my recipe posts. I’m just a mom trying to make dinner before my kids dismantle the house. Take out food when I don’t have a plan for dinner or our meat wasn’t thawed was a huge budget drain for us. My Instant Pot has been awesome for saving me on days when the meat is STILL frozen. This soup is creamy and delicious! I love it for chilly days. To me this is the ultimate comfort food. We are a gluten free family so this soup is naturally gluten free but it would be so good served with crusty French bread! Soup is one of the few ways I can get my littles to eat veggies so I try to make it frequently and the Instant Pot makes it so much faster. Plus, I ALWAYS have leftovers which saves me another night of cooking.
· 2-3 large chicken breasts
· 32 oz chicken broth
· 1/2 cup rice (brown, white, basmati etc)
· 1 cup chopped celery
· 1 cup chopped carrots
· 1 onion chopped
· 1 package of mushrooms chopped
· 1 cup heavy cream or milk
· 1 clove garlic pressed
· 1 tsp Italian seasoning
· 1 tsp oregano
· Marjoram to taste (I do a few shakes)
· ½ tsp pepper
· 2 tbs olive oil
1. Place the instant pot on sauté add oil and garlic. Sauté until hot then add onion and sauté another 1-2 minutes
2. Add carrots, celery and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are reduced.
3. Add Italian seasoning, oregano, pepper, and marjoram and stir.
4. Add rice.
5. Add Chicken (mine was frozen).
6. Add chicken broth.
7. Place lid on the pot and cook for 30 minutes on manual high pressure.
8. Do a quick release.
9. Remove chicken and shred then add back to soup. I like to use my meat shredders.
10. Place instant pot on sauté.
11. Mix 1/2 cup of broth with 2 tbs cornstarch to make a slurry.
12. Pour in heavy cream and slurry, continue to stir on sauté setting until soup thickens.
These are the meat shredder claws I use and I LOVE them! They make shredding meat for soups, tacos, etc so much easier!
Let me know if you try out the recipe. And, as always, pins to Pinterest are ALWAYS appreciated!