This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This year Prime Day, like everything else, is a little different. Due to all of the pandemic craziness and supply chain issues earlier in the year, Amazon postponed Prime Day. They have officially announced the new dates so mark your calendars- Prime Day is October 13-14, 2020!
What is Prime Day?
In case you’ve been living under a rock, Prime Day is an enormous annual sale that Amazon usually puts on each July. This year it’s happening in October due to the pandemic. You can check out the official Prime Day Page here.
Who Can Shop Prime Day Deals?
Only Prime members can shop Prime Day savings. If you aren’t a Prime member you can sign up for a free trial.
What Sort of Deals Can I Expect?
The actual deals aren’t released ahead of time but there’s sure to be something for everyone. This week Amazon announced some new products for their Echo and Ring lines so I expect to see some of those. Plus the usual Kindles, TVs, toys, clothing, books, etc- usually a little of everything! It’s a great time to get a jump start on your holiday shopping, too.
Some of the most popular deals last year for my followers included: Echo Dots, Fire TV Sticks, Ring Doorbells, Printers, and the infamous Nicolas Cage Sequin Pillows.
Additionally, there are often promo codes for items like Children’s Books and Luxury Beauty items that give a dollar amount off when you spend a certain amount. The book code especially is a personal favorite of mine. I’m not sure if we will see them this year with everything being different but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Prime Day Pro Tips:
- Make sure you have a Prime account!
- Join my Facebook Group where I will be live posting the best deals!
- Make a list of things you are hoping to score deals on ahead of time. Things go SO fast and there is so much it can be overwhelming. Having an idea of “must haves” really helps me. Especially with electronics and kitchen gadgets it helps to do your research ahead of time to know the exact specifications you want.
- If you a see a great deal on the days leading up to Prime Day grab it! Historically, it’s unlikely to drop lower the day of once “Prime Day Deal Week” promos begin.
- If you see something you MIGHT want on Lightning Deal go ahead and cart it immediately then decide– the best deals go FAST! You have 15 minutes to check out once an item is in your cart. I always cart something if I think I might want it and need to debate but carting reserves it for me and buys me a bit of time.
- On the same note, because people will cart things and ultimately not check out take advantage of the waitlist! I usually get things every year by being patient on the waitlist.