This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
***Posts Contain Affiliate links. This means we earn a small commission off of purchases made***
Ahhhh! July is almost here and that means my three favorite sales are creeping up closer… Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Hallmark Ornament Premiere, and Prime Day!
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is a HUGE sale event where Amazon Prime members can enjoy lightning deals, Deals of the Day, and other promotions and is similar to Black Friday. Prime Day 2017 sales were higher than the 2016 Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales combined! Every year it just seems to get bigger and there are usually some good deals in the week leading up to it. Last year over 100 million products were purchased by members in 17 countries. The official Prime Day Page can be found here.
When Is Prime Day?
No official word yet but I am guessing it will start Mid-Day July 15 based on previous years. I will update once the date is released. We didn’t find out until July 2 last year so I’m predicting we will hear the first week in July. UPDATE: Prime Day Officially starts July 15 and runs through the 16th!
Who Can Shop Prime Day Deals?
Only Prime members get to take advantage of the deals. If you aren’t a Prime member you can sign up for a free trial.
What Sort of Deals Can I Expect?
We won’t know what the actual deals are until Prime Day is here but there really is something for everyone! From Amazon products like Kindles and Echo devices to clothing, toys, and kitchen electronics there really is a little bit of everything. It’s a great time to snag some Christmas gifts at a deep discount. I always buy gifts for my boys to put away for the holidays.
Some of the most popular deals last year from my readers included: FireSticks, Echo devices, Babyganics Sunscreen, Honest Company Products, diapers, kids’ books, Fire Tablets, and car seats.
Additionally, there are usually promo codes for items like Children’s Books and Luxury Beauty items that are super popular and usually give a dollar amount off when you spend a certain amount. The book code especially is a personal favorite of mine. Hopefully we see it again!
Some Pro Tips To Make the Most of Prime Day!
- Make sure you have a Prime account!
- Join my Daily Deal Detectives group on Facebook where I will be live posting the best deals!
- Make a list of things you are hoping to score deals on ahead of time. Things go SO fast and there is so much it can be overwhelming. Having an idea of “must haves” really helps me. Last year I knew I wanted an InstantPot and made sure to research the size I wanted etc ahead of time so I could scoop it up!
- If you a see a fantastic deal on something you want on the days leading up to Prime Day grab it! Historically, it’s unlikely to drop lower the day of once “Prime Day Deal Week” promos begin.
- If you see a deal you MIGHT want cart it immediately then decide– the best deals go FAST! You have 15 minutes to check out once an item is in your cart. I always cart something if I think I might want it and need to debate, ask my husband/kids etc but carting is reserves it for me and buys me a bit of time.
- On the same note, because people will cart things and ultimately not check out take advantage of the waitlist! I scored some great items last year after being on the waitlist.
Make sure to check out my other posts on all the July Super Sales!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: http://www.leanandgreenfrugalliving.com/2019/06/2019-nordstrom-anniversary-sale-guide.html
Target Deal Days: http://www.leanandgreenfrugalliving.com/2019/06/target-deal-days-2019.html